Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Cure for Winter Blues

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty! I'm free at last!

I couldn't help but feel that way on Friday as I cruised along past thawing fields with winters last blanket of snow slowly melting away. The skies were blue and crisp and an intense spring sunshine made the last of the white glisten. The fresh air was like perfume and even the creepy looks I got from the cows as they wondered what I was doing out on my bike already were kind of encouraging.

There is nothing like getting back on the open road to liven up your spring training.

No, it's not green yet... and I still haven't seen my first of these guys...


...yet.


But the roads are dry, the sun is out and even if it only lasts a couple days before March rears its lion's head again, I've gotten the boost that I needed. I hope that you can too.

Go play outside! You'll be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment