Wednesday, July 14, 2010

YES!



The only thing sweeter would be if big brother Frank was still in it. However, even with his untimely demise, I'm happy to see Andy in Yellow. Although, it is a long ways out from Paris still. We'll see if he can hold on to it.
I do have to admit that I am a bit disappointed to see Evans crumble the way that he did, but that's going to happen when you are trying to race the Tour de France with a broken arm...


My favorite part yesterday, though, was listening to Andy's post race interview. Sometimes I can't believe how dumb the questions are that sportscasters ask and Andy just took it in stride and told it like it was. The guy interviewing him asked if Andy was testing Alberto on the climb and why he was attacking so much. Andy simply said "To drop Contador. I was not testing, if I had attacked one more time I would have dropped myself."


Duh! Take that sports reporter. No more questions like "you just won a stage in the biggest bike race in history, are you excited?" Really, who gave these guys a microphone?
An uneventful day today means Andy is still in Yellow and it looks like the race will come down to a mano a mano slugfest between Schleck and Contador in the Pyranees. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment