Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Exercise makes me feel good...

...and I haven't been exercising. Class gets in the way a little bit. I see exercise like play time and the more play I get the better I feel.

The chemical pathways of mood enhancement from exercise may not be as clear as we once thought they were, but one things is for sure. The general consensus is that exercise results in improved mood and can even help with depression and anxiety. Also for me it's a big stress reliever. Working my body is an outlet for pent up nervous energy and a tool for organizing thoughts or just escaping from them for awhile.

I talked with a friend in college who was a cross country runner about the weird almost magical effects of what even a short but intense bout of physical exertion can do for feeling good the whole day. Her response was "yeah, if I don't get my run in, I just feel like a pile." I would agree and right now I feel like this guy:


oof. Hopefully I can get my routine on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment