Monday, January 3, 2011

FitDeck

No cash for a personal trainer? No time to figure out what kind of exercise you should be doing? No problem.

I'm kind of a freak in that one of the things that I really enjoy is planning workouts and then actually doing them. Most people struggle with figuring out what they should do, how long they should do it, when they should do it etc. And if you get far enough to figure all that out it burns a lot of energy needed to overcome the exercise inertia that keeps you from going out and doing it.

Enter the FitDeck. It's a pretty nifty little idea if you ask me. A FitDeck is a deck of 30-50 odd playing cards designed to create a workout for you. There are all sorts of different kinds. Take the "bodyweight workout" set for instance. There are 50 different bodyweight exercises. You just draw however many you want to do and go to work on your very own circuit workout. Each card is intended to take about a minute of time. So in 30 minutes you could do a 10 exercise circuit 3 times or just do 30 different exercises. Pretty cool, eh? I thought so, I got a Pilates set for my wife for Christmas.

They have all different kinds to choose from, bodyweight, kettlebell, Navy SEAL, exercise ball etc. Even sport specific decks like Swimming, Soccer or Basketball. The guy who came up with the FitDeck is an ex-Navy SEAL so he knows a thing or two about being in shape. Most of them are designed around having minimal or no equipment which makes them even easier to use than if you had to bring it to the gym.

I'm all about making it easy to do a hard workout--if you know what I mean--and this makes it easy to do without needing to plan it out or find a trainer to figure it out for you. So if you need a little help getting your goals taken care of a FitDeck might just be the boost you need.

By the way, I'm not getting anything from FitDeck for writing this. I just thought it was cool

1 comment:

  1. I have been using the Fitdeck dumbbell routine for several months now. I am amazed at how strong I feel. I've lost inches everywhere and I've noticed that my diet even works better - because the leaner muscle is burning more calories. And I like taking the cards to the gym and mixing them up every day.

    ReplyDelete