Thursday, February 3, 2011

SuperBowl Sunday

As a newcomer to Wisconsin from Minnesota, I can't say that I'm particularly enthused about the Packers being in the Super Bowl this upcoming Sunday. And as someone who doesn't really care about football to start with it's just kind of obnoxious to be surrounded by the population of a state who basically worships their team.

Turns, out though, it's good for me. Yeah check it out. According to Time.com, I might just be avoiding a heart attack. Apparently the emotional stresses of watching your favorite team lose a game as big as the Super Bowl can give you a heart attack. Okay, that's maybe a glossed over version and the game-day fare doesn't usually help either. But with no significant emotional ties to any professional sports team here in the US, I think I just eliminated another common American cardiac risk factor.

Although...what does that mean happened to my CV health last summer when I watched Andy Schleck lose the yellow jersey to Alberto Contador?

1 comment:

  1. You speak the truth. Having lived in Green Bay and spent time in Pittsburgh, I can say that, for what it's worth, they've both got excellent football teams. But trying to choose which of the obnoxious fans I'd rather be around is like trying to choose which armpit I want to take a whiff from after a century ride.

    ReplyDelete